Q: To whom does John L. Atkins Grading Inc. & Landscaping Materials sell?
A: Everyone - both landscapers and homeowners
Q: Why use mulch in my yard?
A: The reason to use mulch in your yard is threefold:
(1) to keep weeds down
(2) to keep moisture around the plants during the hot dry summer
(3) to ensure good topsoil for years to come
Q: What is the difference between one mulch and another?
A: There many types of mulch: hardwood, pine, pine nuggets, and designer mulch.
Each mulch can do a different job:
hardwoods are good for replenishing nutrition in sandy topsoil;
• certain grades of pine mulch are good for certain plants such as azalea and roses;
designer's mulch is for the enchantment of landscape.
Q: What are the differences between single, double, and triple shredded hardwood?
A: • Single has been run through the grinder once and through a deep heat which gives it a dark walnut color.
• Double has gone through the grinder twice and has a mixture of fresh hardwood mulch.
• Triple has gone through the grinder three times and has a mixture of fresh hardwood mulch.
Q: To where do we deliver?
A: We deliver anywhere in Wake County. (Surcharge may vary)
Q: What vehicle can we use to come pick up a product?
A: You can come pick up a product in a pick-up truck, trailer, or a dump truck.
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A: Yes we do. We accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover and American Express.